Monday, March 22, 2010

Pondering "Stick People" Art


Although the only form of "art" in which I am proficient, I have always disliked "stick people" artwork. Until now...


In February, I was blessed to travel to Cincinnati, Ohio to witness my first professional Hockey game. I went with some friends from church and had a blast! However my friend, Todd, said it best when he described watching the game (also his first time) as watching a "silent movie" sporting event. No one "called" the game. We just sat there watching a bunch of guys ice-skating fighting over a little black puck. Hey, we didn't figure out which team was Cincinnatti until 17 minutes and 30 seconds into the game.


But on the way home my friend, Kyle, showed me a picture of some "stick art" that moved me. I don't know why, it just did. At my request, he sent me the picture. I love it! It is simple. It is to the point! It is profound! It strikes at the heart of our purpose here on earth!


"I've got your back!"

No comments: